In 2019, Reformulary Group was selected a CIX TOP 20 Early Innovative Canadian technology start-up, and in 2018, Reformulary Group won the TELUS Outstanding Product Achievement Award.
Founded in 2011 by Helen Stevenson, CEO, Reformulary Group is an expert-led healthcare technology company focused on helping Canadians and companies make sense of medicine. The Company’s proprietary drug list, the Reformulary®, is a subscription-based product offered to Canadian employers, unions, and associations. The Reformulary provides Canadians with valuable comparative drug information, reviewed, and vetted by an independent committee of doctors and pharmacists from across Canada.
Reformulary Group also developed and launched Cannabis Standard, a proprietary medical cannabis formulary that includes a Discovery Tool to guide Canadians in considering whether medical cannabis is a good option for them. It also includes tools for patients to self-report the impact of medicine on their quality of life.
Through the Company’s formulary business, they have amassed proprietary - and acquired - datasets that they are connecting in new, insightful, and revenue-generating ways. Data-as-a-Product solutions include rapid access data insights to help pharma make more informed decisions, and a predictive modelling tool that charts the pipeline of new high-cost drugs and predicts the impact on drug plans.
Reformulary Group is a privately held company headquartered in downtown Toronto. For more information visit www.reformulary.com.
Reporting to the Director, Informatics and working closely with the entire team, the Business Analyst will help the Company’s information processing capabilities and help the team develop methods to leverage data for applications in drug and health system management. This is a ‘hands on’ team contributor role that requires an independent, motivated, business analyst or data scientist that can contribute to building our analytics and informatics business and work well with the Reformulary team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to analytics that support the strategic business plan, Company growth, and market opportunities.
- Perform modelling of historical and projected drug utilization, as well as savings potential for individual employer drug plans.
- Work in conjunction with other business analysts to develop, test, and implement new production environments.
- Support SAS processes in a production environment, as well as diagnose and solve problems with SAS processes.
- Develop SQL code to achieve optimum query performance.
- Assist with the management and development of the company’s business intelligence platform MicroStrategy.
- Use SQL/SAS skills to identify data anomalies that may impact company processes.
- Assist and provide support where and when needed based on growth stage of Company.
Other roles and responsibilities as requested by the CEO or her designate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, attributes, and capabilities:
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving ability
- 2+ years’ experience in developing and maintaining MS SQL databases
- 2+ years in analytical role using SAS programming experience
- 2+ years writing SQL queries against large datasets
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel, VBA and Macro design
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau an asset; experience working with prescription claims data is an asset
- Foundational understanding of data management, data modeling and data structures (tables, hierarchical structures, foreign keys etc.)
- Creative thinker with the ability to understand assess the business requirements and generate new options for reporting and conducting analyses
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats
- Passionate, detailed orientated and self-starter, who has the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Style alignment with a strengths-oriented team environment and the ability to naturally elevate others.
- Interest in working as part of a small and growing company, with awareness about the opportunities and challenges that come with a highly adaptive environment.
- Previous healthcare experience is a definite asset but not required.
If you are interested in exploring this unique opportunity, please contact: