In 2019, Reformulary Group was selected a CIX TOP 20 Early Innovative Canadian technology start-up, and in 2018, Reformulary Group won the TELUS Outstanding Product Achievement Award.
Founded in 2011 by Helen Stevenson, CEO, Reformulary Group is an expert-led healthcare technology company focused on helping Canadians and companies make sense of medicine. The Company’s proprietary drug list, the Reformulary®, is a subscription-based product offered to Canadian employers, unions, and associations. The Reformulary provides Canadians with valuable comparative drug information, reviewed and vetted by an independent committee of doctors and pharmacists from across Canada.
Reformulary Group also developed and launched Cannabis Standard, a proprietary medical cannabis formulary that includes a Discovery Tool to guide Canadians in considering whether medical cannabis is a good option for them. It also includes tools for patients to self-report the impact of medicine on their quality of life.
Through the Company’s formulary business, they have amassed proprietary – and acquired – datasets that they are connecting in new, insightful, and revenue-generating ways. Data-as-a-product solutions include rapid access data insights to help pharma make more informed decisions, and a predictive modelling tool that charts the pipeline of new high-cost drugs and predicts the impact on drug plans.
Reformulary Group is a privately held company headquartered in downtown Toronto. For more information visit www.reformulary.com.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the entire team, the Communications Director plays a key role in linking the Company to organizations, businesses or people. He/she will contribute to creating and implement communication strategies to promote our brand, increase awareness in the market and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have superb written communication skills and a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields. Preference will be given to those who have experience and skills in writing, as well as traditional and digital media.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of communications plans, creative campaign strategies and new communication initiatives targeted at multiple audiences, lead planning and execution of strategies and initiatives, in line with business objectives.
- Work with senior management to develop the marketing plan and disseminate marketing materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and clients.
- Manage external agencies, including both PR and brand strategy.
- Plan and execute all social media campaigns, including active response to incoming feedback.
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity, message and marketing campaigns.
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings, etc.)
- Manage and track communication campaign launches and prepare reports on communication activity.
- Create and manage a marketing collateral inventory system and editorial calendar.
- Execute content updates on websites using CMS platform.
- Prepare articles, proposals, presentations, and speeches for the CEO.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and manage the Company’s overall marketing and communications strategy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate has 8-10 years of experience working in public relations, journalism or communications within a business environment. They will possess a desire to expand their experience in managing all aspects of marketing and communications planning and execution for a growing company. They will have excellent project management and communication skills and must be a fit for our entrepreneurial, goal-oriented culture. Their ability to assess quickly and practically what needs to be done and roll up their sleeves to make sure it gets done is critical. Competencies:
- Superb writer and communicator (presentations, communications products, releases, backgrounders, proposals, etc.)
- Strong creative presentation skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Energetic and driven; passionate, self-starter, and independent thinker who has the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- Resourceful; Customer focused mentality
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, marketing computer software, and CMS systems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Creative thinker with the ability to understand the needs of the business and generate new ideas
- Self-motivated, resourceful, analytical, detail-focused and task-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics and email marketing
- Ability to proactively build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to pitch and secure stories in the Canadian media across industry beats
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or Graduate Certificate in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
If you are interested, please contact Amanda Belcham, Office Administrator, JoinOurTeam@reformulary.comApply Now