Reformulary Group is a healthcare company, founded in Toronto in 2011 by Helen Stevenson. The Company’s most notable innovation is its proprietary list of drugs (formulary) – the Reformulary – which helps Canadians make sense of medicine.
The Reformulary is curated based on the trusted advice of an independent panel of doctors and pharmacists that reviews massive amounts of research and evidence about each drug. We put all that research and advice built into our formulary into a digital platform, called DrugFinder. Both an app and desktop tool, DrugFinder searches the Reformulary, helping plan members – and consumers – make smart drug choices and take control of their health.
Our analytics business uses claims data for 14.5 million Canadians, comprising about 1.5 billion data records. Our subscription-based solutions include rapid access data insights to help pharma make more informed decisions, and a predictive modelling tool that charts the pipeline of new high-cost drugs and predicts the impact on large drug plans, or group of drug plans.
In 2018, the Company launched Cannabis Standard, a technology platform designed to help Canadians make sense of medical cannabis and find the recommended medical cannabis product for their condition and symptom, as well as track the impact of medical cannabis on their health.
The Data Analyst will help the Company’s information processing capabilities and help the team develop methods to leverage data for applications in drug and health system management. More specifically, the individual will:
- Contribute to analytics that support the strategic business plan, Company growth, and market opportunities;
- Perform modelling of historical and projected drug utilization, as well as savings potential for individual employer drug plans;
- Work in conjunction with other business analysts to develop, test, and implement new production environments
- Support SAS processes in a production environment, as well as diagnose and solve problems with SAS processes
- Develop SQL code to achieve optimum query performance
- Assist with the management and development of the company’s business intelligence platform MicroStrategy
- Use SQL/SAS skills to identify data anomalies that may impact company processes
- Assist and provide support where and when needed based on growth stage of company;
Other roles and responsibilities as requested by the CEO or her designate.
Key Attributes, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving ability
- 2+ years in analytical role using SAS programming experience
- 2+ years writing SQL queries against large datasets
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel, VBA and Macro design
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Microstrategy or Tableau an asset; experience working with Rx claims data is an asset
- Passionate, detailed orientated and self-starter, who has the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Foundational understanding of data management, data modeling and data structures (tables, hierarchical structures, foreign keys etc.)
- A creative thinker with the ability to understand assess the business requirements and generate new options for reporting and conducting analyses
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats as needed
- Ability to take ownership of projects and tasks
A Bachelors or Masters degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, computer science, or related area will be required. Experience in the insurance and/or healthcare sectors preferred.