In 2019, Reformulary Group was selected a CIX TOP 20 Early Innovative Canadian technology start-up, and in 2018, Reformulary Group won the TELUS Outstanding Product Achievement Award.
Founded in 2011 by Helen Stevenson, CEO, Reformulary Group is an expert-led healthcare technology company focused on helping Canadians and companies make sense of medicine. The Company’s proprietary drug list, the Reformulary®, is a subscription-based product offered to Canadian employers, unions, and associations. The Reformulary provides Canadians with valuable comparative drug information, reviewed, and vetted by an independent committee of doctors and pharmacists from across Canada.
Reformulary Group also developed and launched Cannabis Standard, a proprietary medical cannabis formulary that includes a Discovery Tool to guide Canadians in considering whether medical cannabis is a good option for them. It also includes tools for patients to self-report the impact of medicine on their quality of life.
Through the Company’s formulary business, they have amassed proprietary - and acquired - datasets that they are connecting in new, insightful, and revenue-generating ways. Data-as-a-Product solutions include rapid access data insights to help pharma make more informed decisions, and a predictive modelling tool that charts the pipeline of new high-cost drugs and predicts the impact on drug plans.
Reformulary Group is a privately held company headquartered in downtown Toronto. For more information visit www.reformulary.com.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the entire team, the Manager, Product is accountable for developing, defining, and overseeing the products’ roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business. They are also responsible for the company’s product planning and execution all through the lifecycle of the business. This includes gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, defining the vision for the product, and collaborating with others from the marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met. In addition to this, the Manager, Product also ensures that that product goals and strategy support and align with the company’s overall strategy and goals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a leading role in driving product strategy and contributing to and executing the Company’s product roadmap based on a clear product vision that delivers on business goals.
- Help drive user engagement and site traffic.
- Spearhead the product management process and third-party development lifecycles/deliverables, including new features and enhancements.
- Author product requirements documentation for product enhancements to existing products and new product offerings and maintain and update documentation for existing products.
- Lead RFP/vendor selection process; contribute to vendor selection; manage and hold accountable external vendors.
- Manage, lead and hold accountable external development teams; define roles and hiring for potentially growing internal product team; set and manage KPIs and performance reviews for internal or external product team.
- Collaborate internally to build credibility as the caretaker of anything product-related.
- Implement and oversee product management; implement and maintain product documentation.
- Work with the CEO to develop the business cases for future product development, including planning the future structure for product development, pricing strategy, etc.
- Participate in Company strategy discussions, including identifying new business opportunities and develop endorsed opportunities.
- Other senior roles and responsibilities as requested by the CEO or her designate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate has 5+ years’ experience in product management, with a passion for customer experience. The candidate must have proven ability to think and operate at a strategic level and deliver at a detailed level. As with any entrepreneurial environment, the ability to quickly and practically assess what needs to be done and roll up your sleeves to make sure it gets done is of critical importance. Industry-specific experience is an asset.
The candidate will possess the following experience, skills, attributes, and capabilities:
- Proven work experience in product management and building “best-in-class” products across multiple platform and devices (web and mobile).
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job.
- Capable of operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and across multiple teams, and of balancing multiple priorities.
- Attention to details.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Style alignment with a strengths-oriented team environment and the ability to naturally elevate others.
- Interest in working as part of a small and growing company, with awareness about the opportunities and challenges that come with a highly adaptive environment.
- Dynamic and engaging, with a sense of humor and flexibility.
- Previous healthcare experience is a definite asset but not required.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
If you are interested in exploring this unique opportunity, please contact: