In 2019, Reformulary Group was selected a CIX TOP 20 Early Innovative Canadian technology start-up, and in 2018, Reformulary Group won the TELUS Outstanding Product Achievement Award.
Founded in 2011 by Helen Stevenson, CEO, Reformulary Group is an expert-led healthcare technology company focused on helping Canadians and companies make sense of medicine. The Company’s proprietary drug list, the Reformulary®, is a subscription-based product offered to Canadian employers, unions, and associations. The Reformulary provides Canadians with valuable comparative drug information, reviewed, and vetted by an independent committee of doctors and pharmacists from across Canada.
Through the Company’s formulary business, they have amassed proprietary - and acquired - datasets that they are connecting in new, insightful, and revenue-generating ways. Data-as-a-Product solutions include rapid access data insights to help pharma make more informed decisions, and a predictive modelling tool that charts the pipeline of new high-cost drugs and predicts the impact on drug plans.
Reformulary Group is a privately held high growth-stage company headquartered in downtown Toronto. For more information visit www.reformulary.com.
About the role:
The Business Associate will support the Company’s information storage and processing capabilities, perform analytics on claims data, and help the team develop methods to leverage data for applications in drug and health system management. They will work closely with our data and analytics team to support our strategic business plan, while building our analytics and informatics business.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain and develop SQL databases, including ETL, SSIS, SSRS and SQL Jobs
- Develop query functions using various SQL techniques including t-sql
- Perform database administrator (DBA) activities to ensure database stability and availability
- Support development of data flow processes and associated data dissemination functions
- Support development of business intelligence dashboards on MicroStrategy and Tableau
- Support and develop suitable cloud infrastructure within AWS, Azure consistent with product requirements
- Support SAS processes in a production environment, as well as diagnose and solve problems with SAS processes
- Develop SQL code to achieve optimum query performance
- Use SQL/SAS skills to identify data anomalies that may impact company processes
- Perform modelling of historical and projected drug utilization
- Work in conjunction with other business analysts to develop, test, and implement new production environments.
- Assist and provide support where and when needed based on growth stage of Company
- Other roles and responsibilities as requested by the CEO or her designate
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science/Engineering/Math/Stats/Finance or similar)
- Experience working with MS SQL databases, building queries
- Experience with work analytical role preferably within health care
- 2+ years experience in creating dashboards with Tableau with working knowledge of Tableau BI
- Exceptional skills of Word, Excel, VBA and Macro, Access
- Foundational understanding of data management, data modeling and data structures (tables, hierarchical structures, foreign keys, ETL, SSIS)
- Experience working with prescription claims data is an asset
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Creative thinker with the ability to understand assess the business requirements and generate new options for reporting and conducting analyses
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty
- Style alignment with a strengths-oriented team environment and the ability to naturally elevate others
- Previous healthcare experience is a definite asset but not required
If you are interested in exploring this unique opportunity, please contact:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted